• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

North East OK Beef for sale, Angus and Wagyu

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Selling shares of 50% on steers. They are scheduled for the butcher in October and are anticipated to be between 12-1300 pounds live weight. Asking $1,500.00 per half (inflation has killed our margins). There will also be a fee from the butcher.

This is better meat than you will get at the store.

These steers have been raised on native pastures with sweet feed provided. We have increased the feed intake of grains, beets, corn, and molasses as we head to October. They are all calm.

We have one 100% Angus. Daddy was a high dollar with genetics leading to good flavor and high tenderness scores. Mother is a good commercial Angus. The Angus somehow ended up in our straws and was used with our cow.

Two were bred via AI from a high quality Wagyu bull with a genetic profile known for flavor, marbling, and tenderness.

We have one from the Wagyu bull with one of our standard Angus cows.

We have one from the Wagyu bull with our Hereford cow who has given us some very tender steers.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
1200 pounds at slaughter, 50% yield on average for a steer, 50% of steer. 300 pounds would be a good target though we have seen better yields but not from Wagyu or Angus. Jersey is closer to 40% yield we are seeing. Highland and belties have been closer to 60% at times. Next year we will have some Akaushi so I am wondering about their yield, have been told it is higher.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
1200 pounds at slaughter, 50% yield on average for a steer, 50% of steer. 300 pounds would be a good target though we have seen better yields but not from Wagyu or Angus. Jersey is closer to 40% yield we are seeing. Highland and belties have been closer to 60% at times. Next year we will have some Akaushi so I am wondering about their yield, have been told it is higher.
When I fed out a steer, I'd feed it out 120 days till it was around 1250 lbs. Somewhere north of 700 lbs hanging and I'd take a little over 300 lbs home (330 maybe).
That was black Angus.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
What would be an estimate for the butchering? $300? Trying to put an estimated total cost to packaged meat. Thinking around $1800 for a half and get approximately 150 lbs? We are in the need for a beef so starting to shop around. Thanks for posting!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
What would be an estimate for the butchering? $300? Trying to put an estimated total cost to packaged meat. Thinking around $1800 for a half and get approximately 150 lbs? We are in the need for a beef so starting to shop around. Thanks for posting!
They charge by the pound (hanging weight I think) and last year I had a beef butchered but dont remember what the processing cost was for sure. I wanna say between $300-$400 but not over 4 You can call them and ask what their processing fee is. If you buy a half and lets say its $0.65/lb figure 350 pounds x .65 and thats $210

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What a deal. I have my freezers full. If I had known this might be coming I would have made space. I certainly would like to be on a heads up list for next year if that were possible. Thanks for the post. Some out here are really going to have some good meals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom