Those of you who know Grumpy ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok yesterday afternoon they did a bronchoscopy -- I think that's spelled right -- and suctioned a ton of fluid out of his lungs. The doctor let me watch and he was REALLY clogged up. Looked like a bubble bath down in there. Most of it was clear, though, except for one lobe, that we got a tablespoon sized blob or greyish mucous. That was sent off to culture. They changed his antibiotics yesterday afternoon so not quite 24 hours ago.

His breathing is much less labored now and he slept really well last night. I know because I have had a horrible migraine since night before last and I sat here and watched him sleep. Oh and did the PT exercises with his limbs every hour to try and keep the MG from making him any weaker than he already was.

The doc just came by on rounds and Scott's numbers are good enough, and his breathing isn't nearly as labored so they are gonna start weaning him off the ventilator! I'm telling you this man needs to buy a lottery ticket so we can buy our own island and live happily ever after with handsome men servants and pool boys. 🤷

If you had told me that he was gonna make that drastic of a turn around in 24 hours I would have told you not to be cruel and get my hopes up. Even the doctor was shaking his head and told Scott he was a really lucky fella.

The lottery ticket thing doesn't work; I got one for this weekend and didn't win squat.
But great news on his progress!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm telling you this man needs to buy a lottery ticket so we can buy our own island and live happily ever after with handsome men servants and pool boys. 🤷

Make sure there are no trees on this island, and have plenty of young, pretty, buxom maids for Grumpy. Hey, gotta be fair!

Latest posts

Top Bottom