its crazy that covid is still going around.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In fact hospitals did get extra funding for COVID. I interviewed an individual last week, that is a high level systems and finance professional (cfo office level) at a Tulsa hospital for a position in my group. In part, as an answer to an interview question about handling new and difficult to deal with situations, I was told, this hospital received a prepayment check of $10M from the federal government to help manage the COVID patients.
Very strict instructions were given and the Covid costs were to be tracked and this money was to be used for Covid related incidents only. The interviewee had to build a system to manage, track and report COVID related expenses.

To me, that’s makes for incentive to increase Covid related injuries and costs.

Where is your information coming from?
You need to re-read the first sentence of my post that you replied to.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You need to re-read the first sentence of my post that you replied to.
“No, hospitals didn’t get extra funding for a Covid related death.”

That’s the sentence I responded to.

The fact is, hospitals received funding for COVID related injuries and deaths. In the case I mentioned, they were prepaid for it. All they had to do was document the expenses were Covid related. This is why someone that succumbed to injuries from a gunshot wound or car wreck that had Covid were classified as Covid related.

Instead of the cause of death being injuries from car wreck it was reported as Covid. This made the administration and application of these prepaid Covid funds much easier than collecting insurance or other billing. In essence they received payments fraudulently or possibly would never receive.

Last edited:

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's a scary thing when you cant trust dr's I guess...

What I mean is, it could have been the flu for all I know.
Felt about the same symptom wise.

I have been told I have had covid 3-4x now.

I'm sure if there is some covid death counter for some purpose, they probably put my grandpa on there which is dumb. Because as I said, it was more primarily to do with the cancer, & his old age. He had covid once already I know for a fact and got over it.

I heard the more "covid related" deaths a place has, like a hospital then the more of some government funding or $ they get from some program.
My Dr. never pushed the vaccine. I even asked her about getting one. My explorer was a different story. They were bribing employees with cash money to get the vaccine.
I'm sorry about your grandparents heath decline.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
“No, hospitals didn’t get extra funding for a Covid related death.”

That’s the sentence I responded to.

The fact is, hospitals received funding for COVID related injuries and deaths. In the case I mentioned, they were prepaid for it. All they had to do was document the expenses were Covid related. This is why someone that succumbed to injuries from a gunshot wound or car wreck that had Covid were classified as Covid related.

Instead of the cause of death being injuries from car wreck it was reported as Covid. This made the administration and application of these prepaid Covid funds much easier than collecting insurance or other billing. In essence they received payments fraudulently or possibly would never receive.
In that sentence, i was replying to the narrow claim of $$ per death. It was an internet rumor that hospitals got a set fee/ per death. There was no standard Medicare fee/amount per Covid admission or death.
My point is Medicare paid additional $ for Covid treatments, and that varied based on the case mix formula.
It’s wasn’t a set amount just because of a Covid diagnosis. That’s all.
Now, the prepaid issue was I think from a govt grant for the pandemic. But that’s a different topic than the 20% Medicare enhanced payment that I referenced in regards to the false set fee per death claims.

Last edited:

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guessing this is most likely from the Trump era CARES Act, which was a bail out fund for hospitals to offset financial losses caused by the pandemic. Looks like 135B from the Act went to hospitals. Taxpayers got like $1200 per eligible family from this Act I think.

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Covid is a virus. Virulent viruses like Covid was at first kill off the host, which is not good for the long term survival of the virus. Over time it mutates to become somewhat less deadly. It is here to stay and like the flu and RSV will still kill people. The very young, the elderly, the immune compromised mostly.

I am a little more apt to take a vaccine now than I was when it was rushed out. Maybe. But like I said Covid is here to stay and like the flu you will need to decide for yourself whether you want the yearly vaccine or not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom