Beretta Nano (New Beretta Subcompact)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I think it follows the styling of the px4 without being too much. I would like to see how it stacks up against a PM9. I sure hope it has a slide stop...

Thanks,

Alan

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that pin in the frame that is exposed is where the trigger pivots that's gonna be one long azz trigger pull.

Also, looks like no external safety. Will this be the first Beretta without an external safety?

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Beretta PX4 Type C "Constant Action" doesn't have an external safety.
The PX4 subcompacts don't use the rotating barrel.
The sights on the Nano are adjustable with a 1.5mm hex wrench, a nice touch. It's interesting that it doesn't have an external slide lock, that's something new. That'll make it really skinny.
I did have a Type C PX4 for a while along with a Walther PPS. Maybe they did get together when I wasn't around.
If the Nano is as well made as the PX4 I think this might be a really nice little pistol.

Last edited:

Euclid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Beretta PX4 Type C "Constant Action" doesn't have an external safety.
The PX4 subcompacts don't use the rotating barrel.
The sights on the Nano are adjustable with a 1.5mm hex wrench, a nice touch. It's interesting that it doesn't have an external slide lock, that's something new. That'll make it really skinny.
I did have a Type C PX4 for a while along with a Walther PPS. Maybe they did get together when I wasn't around.
If the Nano is as well made as the PX4 I think this might be a really nice little pistol.

My bad on the rotating barrel assumption, BUT if it does not use that type of lock-up then I have to question a design crafted for CC with such a high sight radius.

I'll be really interested to see the dimensions and how they compare to, say, a PF-9 or PM-9...

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BUT if it does not use that type of lock-up then I have to question a design crafted for CC with such a high sight radius.

Yeah, but to be honest, a lot of folks bash guns with a high bore-axis (I assume that's what you mean instead of sight-radius), and while its true that is some guns, it makes a very un-natural point/sight, its not always the case. I find that my Sigs make for an easy and accurate point-n-shoot and they're nowhere near a Glock's bore-axis (I find that I'm not noticeably quicker on target with a Glock over a Sig - all things being equal). I'm getting used to my XD9sc, but its still not a deal-breaker (and it looks like a double-decker bus).

Still, there's no denying that the Beretta Nano "ain't got no alibi"

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've got no interest in it but who cares what it looks like?? It's a defensive firearm not a shirt. If it shoots well,is reliable and fits your hand it might be for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom