Bergara Rifles , Worth the money?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Christensen carbon fiber 22 rifles have one of the worst reputations on the net

Argue away then. But his Bergara did NOT have a carbon fiber barrel. His Christianson and Bergara aren’t a .22lr, they're in 6.5CM.

The Bergara was perfectly fine in the accuracy dept but it was about 14-15 lbs with a 5-25 scope and suppressor. Just a heavy pig to be lugging around, putting in cases, getting out of vehicles for hog hunting, etc.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son bought a B14 Hunter in .308 a couple years ago. I like the rifle; just handles like a quality gun.

It shoots fine now, but it’s picky. It absolutely was not having the 178 grain ELDX load my Savage likes, nor was it interested in a handful of 150 grain loads I tried. It finally started to settle down with 165 grain loads. I don’t know if it was the bullet weight, or the fact that the 165’s are a tangent ogive bullet and the previous had all been secant ogive bullets.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Argue away then. But his Bergara did NOT have a carbon fiber barrel. His Christianson and Bergara aren’t a .22lr, they're in 6.5CM.

The Bergara was perfectly fine in the accuracy dept but it was about 14-15 lbs with a 5-25 scope and suppressor. Just a heavy pig to be lugging around, putting in cases, getting out of vehicles for hog hunting, etc.
Just stating a fact about Christensen 22 carbon fiber rifles. I also own a Bergara heavy barrel 22 and it too shots lights out. Yes heavy but built for punching paper also and does it top shelf.

Shooflyreed

Marksman
Reaction score
Folks, I'm looking for my next rifle and have stumbled across the name Bergara. The rifles as such are attractive and I have built my own 6.5 Creedmoor on a AR 10 platform and I was surprised to see the accuracy it offers. The Barrel is from Bear Creek Arsenal, the upper receiver from Anderson and the lower receiver from Bear Creek Arsenal, and the Trigger is a Rise. The barrel is a heavy Bull barrel and the keyword here is Heavy - it Is! Since I'm not about to lug this monster around the woods much less hike up a mountain carrying it I've begun my search for a bolt action. Why the Creedmoor? Well, I began my search for the Bergara B1ambered in 6.5 Creedmoor because My Granddaughter harvested a Huge Buck in Arkansas with her husband and that's when the search began. She was carrying a Broning A Bolt in 6.5 Cr using Browning Ammo loaded with a 140 GR soft point. What I'm asking of all you shooters is to share your opinion and more importantly your experience of the Company as well as your opinions of the rifle.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Lewis.
I bought me a Bergara Wilderness Ridge in .308 about 3 years ago. I love the action but struggled with consistent accuracy. One time i would shoot a .65" group and then the next group would open to 1.5". I moved it to a Magpull stock and bedded it. It never seemed to set right in the factory stock. I still had inconsistent accuracy. Last year I pulled the barrel off and put on a Preferred barrel. Now it is my favorite rifle to shot. I consistent .5" groups. Truly all that is left of the original rifle is the action. I love their actions.

Shooflyreed

Marksman
Reaction score
I bought me a Bergara Wilderness Ridge in .308 about 3 years ago. I love the action but struggled with consistent accuracy. One time i would shoot a .65" group and then the next group would open to 1.5". I moved it to a Magpull stock and bedded it. It never seemed to set right in the factory stock. I still had inconsistent accuracy. Last year I pulled the barrel off and put on a Preferred barrel. Now it is my favorite rifle to shot. I consistent .5" groups. Truly all that is left of the original rifle is the action. I love their actions.

Shooflyreed

Marksman
Reaction score
If I had it to do over, I would get a Tikka.

Latest posts

Top Bottom