Best Glock Magazine for Kel Tec 2000 Gen3 9 mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered the Kel Tec 2000 gen 3 in 9mm. Says it uses Glock 17 or 19 mags.
Questions:

1. What’s the ideal capacity for the rifle?

2 Which model mag, 17 or 19

3. Original or aftermarket mags?

4. Best place to get best price on the mags.

5 Do you recommend a loader and if so which one .

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ordered the Kel Tec 2000 gen 3 in 9mm. Says it uses Glock 17 or 19 mags.
Questions:

1. What’s the ideal capacity for the rifle? That probably depends on what you'll use it for. For me, the more the merrier. I prefer the Glock 33-round mags in mine cuz I like to shoot more than I like to load mags.

2 Which model mag, 17 or 19. Either will work. You'll just get 2 extra rounds with the 17 mag.

3. Original or aftermarket mags? I prefer the Glock OEM mags, myself. I do have a few MagPul mags, though, and they work fine.

4. Best place to get best price on the mags. You just gotta shop around. Watch for sales. gunmagwarehouse.com has some pretty good deals sometimes.

5 Do you recommend a loader and if so which one . Mag LULA.

My answers/opinions in blue ^^.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the rifle can use either Glock model 17 or Glock model 19 mags
The only difference is length. If it’ll take a G19 mag it’ll take any other double stack 9mm Glock mag that’s longer. Mag interchangeability is one of the beauties of Glock.

Also GT Distributing sells new Glock OEM mags without retail packaging at a nice discount.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want aftermarket, order $75 worth of pmags from Magpul for free shipping. Available in 17, 21 and 27 rounds, unless you want a drum.

If you want OEM Glock, they don't have to be new. Lots of LE trade ins will work for a lifetime.
www.aimsurplus.com
www.gtdist.com
If you do want new, they are available many places but the best prices seem to be TMS and GMW.
www.themagshack.com
www.gunmagwarehouse.com

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the rifle can use either Glock model 17 or Glock model 19 mags

What @CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin said. If you get the version that accepts G19 magazines it will accept G17 mags or higher capacity mags like the Glock OEM 33 round mag or the MagPul 24 round mag...plus many others. It won't, for example, take Glock 26 mags because they're made for a shorter grip.

But your initial post said it will take G17 or G19 mags. That's why I answered like I did. If you get G17 mags, you'll be safe...it'll fit either way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom