Best placement of dehumidifiers in safe.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently got a Liberty Fat Boy jr that I have setup inside my house.

I opted to go with a non electric dehumidifier. I purchased a single Eva-dry E-500.

My questions are...

A. Do I need more then one for my safe?

B. Is there an optimal place to put it in the safe? Top, bottom, closest to the guns, etc.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could just use a bag of rice with holes poked into the bag and then stuffed into some pantyhose?
Drop wooden dowel rods down the barrel of the guns if the humidity is really bad like Florida

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally gave in and installed a plumbed dehumidifier in the newly concrete reinforced closet. Put a vault door on the jam, and keep it running for a nice 30%. it cycles during this time of years, but I suspect it'll run 24/7 this summer

I used to have dual rods mounted on the front panel, just to each side of the door, mounted at the floor... Seems as heat rises, it was logical

SPCAS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep a couple ev500's in mine. One near top, one near bottom. Lets you recharge them at separate times and those things are pretty cheap to buy. Still use the goldenrod as well

Latest posts

Top Bottom