Better vs Worse Years of Production

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffeecup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awhile back I was contemplating purchasing a guitar. In my research of this particular instrument, I found that some years production were better than other years production ..of the same model ..

My Question is, - does this up and down quality standard apply to guns as well - .. and how 'bout the Winchester '94 in particular, if anybody knows..?
..thanks..

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awhile back I was contemplating purchasing a guitar. In my research of this particular instrument, I found that some years production were better than other years production ..of the same model ..

My Question is, - does this up and down quality standard apply to guns as well - .. and how 'bout the Winchester '94 in particular, if anybody knows..?
..thanks..

Somebody said that Winchesters, in their last few years of exsistence, were being made overseas...somewhere.

I'll look and see if I can find the thread.

The quality of workmanship over time applies to EVERYTHING!

From guitars to guns to clothing to dental floss. When you take jobs and move them overseas to folks in sweatshops who could care less about the quality of the product they are making...then yeah, the quality is gonna suffer.

gundummy911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Most of the '94's made after 1964 are a cut below earlier models, some of the 1960's and 1970's guns Winchester won't even identify the metal that the Receivers are made of! Most of the newer ones are ok, but beware some of the 45colt chambered rifle have WILDLY out of spec Chamber dimensions ! I traded for 2 in a row that were so loose that almost every case split or ballooned ou the side at the base with commercial cowboy ammo.

Somebody said that Winchesters, in their last few years of exsistence, were being made overseas...somewhere.

I'll look and see if I can find the thread.

The quality of workmanship over time applies to EVERYTHING!

From guitars to guns to clothing to dental floss. When you take jobs and move them overseas to folks in sweatshops who could care less about the quality of the product they are making...then yeah, the quality is gonna suffer.

Enoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As far as the 94 goes I believe they are just as good now as they were then. Granted some years are going to be more expensive because of low serial numbers and collectors desires, but as far as functionality and reliability goes, they are just as good of shooters now as were back in the day.
To answer your question directly yes there are different years that will differ in value.
Glock em down is right on, "The quality of workmanship over time applies to everything"

Latest posts

Top Bottom