Beware Champion Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
selling on the web from college station, texas. they sell used product and insist it's brand spanking new. Sprinfield Armory does not sell items without all the goodies in the box and parts showing wear, nor do they hand engrave the last three numbers of the serial number into the frame of the items.

bad business, and i need to buy 2 more, but it won't be from champion firearms

Last edited:

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they aren't altering the serial number, someone took an engraving tool (electric type) and put the last 3 numbers of the serial number on the inside of the frame, where the slide rides over to cock the hammer, Springfield doesn't do that

HumanVr4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the hand engraving is on your frame, not the bottom of the slide? I don't know why anyone would want the last 3 of a SN# on the frame when the full number is on it already.

I have a Springfield EMP and have the last 3 of my SN# hand engraved on the bottom of the slide. You can see what I'm talking about in this video at the 3min mark you can see his is hand engraved 170

( )

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you only need the tool when it's new. I had to use the tool for my first cleaning but after 100 rounds I have not had to use it again.
Cool, good to know. I'm not a springfield owner, but my buddy has bought one as a new pistol owner. He hasn't shot it yet, so I'm betting he won't know what that part is. I wouldn't have either. Thanks for the head up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom