BIG Fire in Tulsa. 71st & Mingo Apartment Complex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I was driving by on hwy 169, it appeared that the building that is closest to Lowes on the East side of the apartment complex was in flames all the way to the top. I think that's the same one in the picture that I posted above from the Tulsa world.

I can't help but think about the fact that I've noticed one of those panhandlers who are always out in traffic at the intersections around hwy 169 going back into that building after a days "work". I was at Lowes one afternoon a while back and he was walking back towards that way so I thought I'd wait see where he was going. I was more than a little surpised when I saw him going back into an apartment like it was just another day at the office and he was back home.

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As per KRMG, 1 firefighter was taken to the hospital after the bldg. roof collapsed on him. His injuries do not appear to be serious and they were transporting him to the hospital as a precationary measure.They dispacthed over 90 firefighters to help contain the blaze.The entire 24 unit apartment bldg. was destroyed by the fire.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
during school everyone was talking about a fire right down the road so at lunch everyone drove over to see it.all i saw was lots of smoke but i heard it got pretty bad.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As per KRMG, 1 firefighter was taken to the hospital after the bldg. roof collapsed on him. His injuries do not appear to be serious and they were transporting him to the hospital as a precationary measure.They dispacthed over 90 firefighters to help contain the blaze.The entire 24 unit apartment bldg. was destroyed by the fire.

That sucks, hope and pray he's unscathed.

Ya there was a TON of smoke... black black black smoke too. The wind really whipped it up quick I bet otherwise it might not have been so bad.

They are saying they think it started on a second floor. 24 units total loss. Lost of people looking for a place to live now and lost everything. Sad story.

Latest posts

Top Bottom