birdshot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mythreal

Marksman
Reaction score
When I was growing up, my father had some birdshot .22 rounds. Does anybody still make those? Range wasn't that great with them but they were fun anyway. Let me know if anybody out there knows of a source for them.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
CCI's work very well. I used a round to put down a rattlesnake that had refused to allow me to relocate it from my yard when I living in AZ. Just as a heads up... If you use them in a semi auto they will not cycle.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, CCI at Walmart. I've killed too many water moccassins to count with it. One time, I treed a coon and then sat underneath in the dark and waited for it. Shot it point blank in the head and killed it with the snakeshot, all I had at the time.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does the CCI have the plastic casing for the shotshell? The old ones I used were all brass with the ends crimped into a cone shape.
The CCI rounds have the plastic capsule. The Federal and Winchester rounds have crimped ends.
Some people prefer the crimped ends over the capsule.

I think it would be fun to get one of those smoothbore Marlin Garden Guns that were made to fire these birdshot rounds.
They were made by Marlin for dispatching pests in small gardens.

Only problem is how expensive these rounds are.

Latest posts

Top Bottom