birdshot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll second the don't use them in a semi auto statement. They will cause a headache.

Revolver or bolt gun is the way to go.

Now if I could find a way to shoot bird shot through a supressor my bird problem at work would be solved.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid dad moved us older boys out into the bunkhouse. In the wintertime when we got bored we'd leave little snacks out for the field mice who moved in during the winter. With time they'd get real brave and would come out and look at us wanting some kind of snack. That's when we had our fun. We'd load up a few 22's with rat shot and blast away. Only downside was we had to pick up the dead suckers. But it was fun. No we didn't know better.

okie headhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know I always get them at walmart. I got a buddy that shoots wood bees with the winchesters. too much fun. the winchesters seem to have smaller shot than the cci's. eather will dispach a snake amazing well.
okie headhunter

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know I always get them at walmart. I got a buddy that shoots wood bees with the winchesters. too much fun. the winchesters seem to have smaller shot than the cci's. eather will dispach a snake amazing well.
okie headhunter

I'm a wood bee shooter too!:woohoo1: Redneck trap shooting I call it.
:D

I have an old Win hex barrel mod 1890 pump rifle that I use most of the time, but have used my Ruger Mark III simi auto pistol too. Like has been said, it won't work the action, but I'll just work the slide and drop new round in the chamber.
I also have the shotshells for .45ACP, .44Mag, and .38 special made by CCI.
At a gun show I bought a box of .38 shot cups to load my own. Made by speer if I remember right. Haven't loaded any yet, but if the supply on hand gets low, I'll be able to load up some more.
Midway carries them too. http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=313962

Latest posts

Top Bottom