blue 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
went bumming around the gun shops kind of looking for a glossy blued 1911. well I could not find anything that had that deep blue glossy look like the older smith revolvers. is there such a thing out there, there were packerized and black, stainless but none of that deep blue. does such a thing exist anymore ?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What you really want is Colt Royal Blue from the custom shop.

i40.tinypic.com_2cmw18j.jpg

i42.tinypic.com_sxbrk6.jpg

Their blued series 70 reproductions are nice but blacker finish, but not that DEEP blue I know you're speaking of.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on Colt Custom Shop. I've called them on a few guns for them to build and turn around time can be quite lengthy!!!

***Don't know if you're particular on brands......Cimarron 1911***
www.gunblast.com_images_Cimarron_1911_DSC00029.JPG

i375.photobucket.com_albums_oo192_mid_age_DSCN0715_zpsd7439334.jpg

They are shiny black like the top picture.........light can make a color look a little different.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice colt that is a gorgeous pistol. I do have a nickel Cimarron that is nice I may have to look for one of them. My nickel model shoots great. Not really looking to spend a fortune function and blue is what I am looking for thanks guys

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well went and ordered a Cimarron polished blue,(have the nickle so it will be a pair) it seemed to be the best bang for my buck wanting a blue 1911, thaks for the pic Cohiba.
Should be here in a week or so

Latest posts

Top Bottom