Bogus Optics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a fake (at least I think it is a fake) Magpul M3 sling and it runs like a champ. I went to a gunshow and went to two tables, one selling fake/counterfeit products (they were upfront and honest about it) and another selling "legit" items (at least as far as I could tell and they told me as such). I compared a fake M3 sling to a legit M3 sling, and none of us could tell the difference in the actual products. The only thing that was different was that the font of the lettering on the outside of the package was slightly different on the "fake" product. We all agreed that they looked and felt the same, including the buckles.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, since everything is made in China now, I propose the "fake" products are made on the same line as the legitimate products. It's like bread. It's all baked in the same factory, just put in different packages.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a fake (at least I think it is a fake) Magpul M3 sling and it runs like a champ. I went to a gunshow and went to two tables, one selling fake/counterfeit products (they were upfront and honest about it) and another selling "legit" items (at least as far as I could tell and they told me as such). I compared a fake M3 sling to a legit M3 sling, and none of us could tell the difference in the actual products. The only thing that was different was that the font of the lettering on the outside of the package was slightly different on the "fake" product. We all agreed that they looked and felt the same, including the buckles.
Magpul has a line called PTS which are made overseas. supposedly not the same quality and are marked for training and simulation only. what I read they are made overseas to beat the ITAR regulations because the Chinese don't follow it and will sell to anybody. for the average shooter the stuff is just fine and 1/2 the cost.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, since everything is made in China now, I propose the "fake" products are made on the same line as the legitimate products. It's like bread. It's all baked in the same factory, just put in different packages.
made in same factory, the ones that don't pass inspection get sold as knock-offs go to Alibaba.com you can get some with your name on them if you order a 1000 pieces.

Latest posts

Top Bottom