Bolony Sammich and ????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only if it's fried. Otherwise it's nasty.

I agree. I got on a "white trash staples" food kick this summer and I made a lot of fried bologna sandwiches. I fry mine in Crisco then melt American cheese on it, drop a slice of ham on top, mustard, pickle relish, sweet deli peppers, all on fresh Rainbow bread. Chips or puffy Cheetos. Terrible for ya. I'm eating better now.

Pair that with an RC Cola and a Little Debbie brownie for desert, slap your cousin on the ass, smoke a Marlboro outside the trailer, settle in with a Busch and a COPS rerun and as graddad used to say - wonder what the poor folk are doin'. :D

You can't fancy up a bologna sandwich too much. It just ain't natural.

Miracle Whip is nasty...

Word. One set of grandparents growing up was a Miracle Whip house (instead of Hellman's like normal people). I liked them best, but damn it was hard when it came time to make a sandwich.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My other favorite white trash meal is tuna cakes, fried egg noodles with catsup, frozen corn, and buttered white bread.

Actually I have a ton of meals in this category. Maybe needs it's own thread one day.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thick sliced bologna, a slice of that yellow American cheese, some olive oil mayo, a couple slices of home grown tomato, and topped off with some piccalilli we canned last year. Oh, and a couple slices of honey wheat bread to make it manageable. Sun Chips optional.

Woody

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Start your sandwich with a whole chub of bologna that has been seasoned & smoked over a slow hardwood fire with assorted cuts of pig. Then slice it to your desired thickness before frying with some onions, serve on toasted bread with mustard, pepperjack cheese, and a sliced tomato.

Latest posts

Top Bottom