• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

North West OK Bottle Calves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Dairys used to give away bottle calf bulls too lol.
Yep. Big dairy a couple miles away from us. That's where I got my calves. Veal is good, feeding not so good.
Visions of a big steer hanging for the best steaks dissolved after a couple days.
When it came to all me, Veal was the choice.
I'd still butcher a calf. About the same size as a deer. Easy to handle and process.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yep. Big dairy a couple miles away from us. That's where I got my calves. Veal is good, feeding not so good.
Visions of a big steer hanging for the best steaks dissolved after a couple days.
When it came to all me, Veal was the choice.
I'd still butcher a calf. About the same size as a deer. Easy to handle and process.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Some ranchers look for a family that want to raise a bottle calf until weaning age and then its returned to the herd. Rancher makes a deal on fresh beef when 1 goes to the processor.

Is this more on the lines of what you were thinking?

Bottle calves are fed twice a day every where I know of, including Braum's dairy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom