Bowfish pic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is a nice fish. I electro fished a 62.5 pound grass carp in March out of a lake that I am managing for the owner. I was running the juice and dipping 14" crappie and bass when suddenly 8 feet down a whale turned over. GGGGEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEE LLLLLOUUIISEEE if I had seen that fish while in my tube I never would crawl back in there. The fish was 47" X 32" and was calculated at 62.5 pounds by ODWC staff. I was electro fishing with ODWC staff at the time. We left the fish sunbathing and I understand the fish is getting a wee bit sunburned right now.:lmfao:

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tell us about gear used, how found, whole story please. :)

Used a 14ft john boat, (4) 300 watt halogens, 2200W generator, one man on the bow shooting and one in the back operating the 40lb trolling motor, shooting a barracuda bow with a custom zebco 888, when we would get close (50) yards or so and the grass carp would go on the move and we would just chase and corral until we could get a good shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom