Bowfishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwood101

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My fiancé just recently got me into bowfishing and I absolutely love it! Her ex-boyfriend had a boat they always went on but I cant afford one yet. Does anyone know any good areas somewhat near Edmond to bowfish from the banks or does anyone want to takes us bowfishing?

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to go bowfishing all the time, I don't there's more fun to be had with a bow outside of deer season. I haven't been in several years but it's an addictive sport so be prepared.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I bow fished I preferred to wade. I didn't have a boat set up for it anyways. I'd find your closest lake and get after it. Sold my boat to Dubs and my bowfishing rig to Bassin, now I am 99.99% worthless.

kwood101

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly think it is my favorite kind of hunting. We did it off an old bridge over cottonwood creek and it worked out pretty good. We are going to try it off of our kayaks this weekend!

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly think it is my favorite kind of hunting. We did it off an old bridge over cottonwood creek and it worked out pretty good. We are going to try it off of our kayaks this weekend!

Off a kayak?? I'd like to have that on film LOL.

We would go by boat or wading depending on the conditions. After a heavy rain when the lakes and rivers rise up into the shallows it turns into bowfishing nirvana.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a blast. I bowfish the south canadian river and lake thunderbird. Both have been tough this year due to higher water levels. I also don't have lights rigged up on my boat, although I should get on that for next spring, I'm just not an electrician.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One wire goes out, one wire comes back, both hook to a "switch", turn "switch" on ....Lights.....8/

They have kits you can get ,pretty cheap, with directions.... ;)
no electrician required

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One wire goes out, one wire comes back, both hook to a "switch", turn "switch" on ....Lights.....8/

They have kits you can get ,pretty cheap, with directions.... ;)
no electrician required

Ha ha ha you got me. If we're not in the process of moving in February, I hope to make this a project.

Latest posts

Top Bottom