Bowling Pin Shoot in Weatherford 7/18

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinStarShootingRange

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We will be having our second match on July 18th at 10:30 at our range in Weatherford. Call or email to sign up. Additional details can be found on our website: http://www.tinstarshootingrange.com/...ons Page.htm

The July 4th shoot was a big hit. We ended up with 24 shooters and had a great time.

The prize will be determined by how many shooters we have. $5 of the $15 entry fee will go towards the pot.

Matt

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The link was truncated and turns to a '404 Page not Found'...

I'm interested and would like to know more!

I'll hit up your main page to see if I can get to it.
- DarkLaw

DL,
They run a very good match out there.. it's a lot of fun...
Go and you will have a good time.

I hope to make it ...

Oklahoma_mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to make one of these as they sound like a lot of fun and have never been what should you expect as far as competing. I plan on using my M&P 45 as it seems as though most use 45. I have read a little about them, but this would be my 1st match of any kind and I would like to know what to expect.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to make one of these as they sound like a lot of fun and have never been what should you expect as far as competing. I plan on using my M&P 45 as it seems as though most use 45. I have read a little about them, but this would be my 1st match of any kind and I would like to know what to expect.

Mike, I use a .45, some use 9mm but it seems like they shoot more when they do. Don't think of it as competition, think of it as just shooting. As far as what to expect....well it goes like this: You walk up to a table and get ready. One of the range officers tells you to load and make ready. Then he asks is the shooter ready, if you are you nod yes or say ready. Then the beeper goes off or the RO yells go, whichever. Then all you have to do is to shoot 5 bowling pins "OFF" the table. You can reload as many times as you need although this increases your time. Your score is how long it takes to shoot the pins off the table. You will do this 3 or 4 times, they will average your times and this is your score.
All of this will be done while 20 to 30 people are watching, some of them will shoot better, some will shoot worse than you do. The trick is to try to be as consistant as possible and make every shot count.

Did I miss anything?

Oklahoma_mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for the info.
So is the goal to have the fastest score or like bracket racing to have the smallest difference between your fastest and slowest time. I pretty sure it's fastest time, but just want to be sure.

TinStarShootingRange

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We shoot one round for practice and then add up the next three round times to determine the winner. You have to be consistent. You cannot shoot one fast round and win it. The most popular caliber is the 45ACP. However, I would imagine that a 10mm would work just as well. Our July 4th match was won by a longslide G24 in 40SW.

We have a lot of fun and you get to know a lot of people.

Come and join us.

Matt

DarkLaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I was really curious how it would be operated. I think I can handle that!

And it's good that you have a warm up/practice round! Not so much for practicing 'shooting', persay - but for those of us who are unsure of the ballistic properties of a bowling pin! LoL Need to develop a strategy and quick!

I'll be shooting my everyday carry pistol - Glock .40
Not sure if I wanna go G22 or my G23. Hmmmmmm.
Need a different trigger on BOTH. I'm actually more comfortable with a NY trigger (heavier) as I've fired well in excess of 4-5k rounds with it, as opposed to the factory setting.

See ya'll there and thanks again!@

Latest posts

Top Bottom