Building a Glocknockoff!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was in need of a new project so I decided to put together a Glock 19 9mm using no Glock parts. Nothing against Glock. Just decided I'd like to have something a little different. I've started with a Polymer80 lower in a Cobalt color which just looks gray to me. For the upper I decided to go with a contrasting black color. I finally decided on an upper from Palmetto State Armory. I was able to catch the complete frame on sale for about 80 bucks with shipping and tax. The slide and barrel ran me about $275. It's cut for a red dot and it has suppressor height night sights. Picked up a few Magpul 15 round mag's. Only thing left is a holster and eventually an optic. Anyone have any good advice on an optic that won't break the bank?

Attachments

• frame.JPG
    frame.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 3
  • slide.JPG
    slide.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 0

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Burris, Holosun and Trijicon. They all offer something differen. My favorite is the Burris as it’s just basic. The down side it take battery’s but it’s not a carry gun. Non of my optic pistols are. The holosun needs light or battery power to run. The trijicon needs light and doesn’t take batteries. You just have to figure out what you want to pay and go from there. My vote is BURRIS

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You will need to know what cut the slide is. i.e RMR or Doctor. If RMR, try the Holosun. If Doctor, not as many options available. Vortex is a popular Doctor Cut option.
I do know that it is an RMR. I'm not too savvy on this red dot stuff. I don't even know the difference between RMR and docter.

Last edited:

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Burris, Holosun and Trijicon. They all offer something differen. My favorite is the Burris as it’s just basic. The down side it take battery’s but it’s not a carry gun. Non of my optic pistols are. The holosun needs light or battery power to run. The trijicon needs light and doesn’t take batteries. You just have to figure out what you want to pay and go from there. My vote is BURRIS
Thanks. Good information. I wonder if someone will make a red dot optical sight that has like a micro usb port for charging the batteries. Has that been done or would such a thing be practical?

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. Good information. I wonder if someone will make a red dot optical sight that has like a micro usb port for charging the batteries. Has that been done or would such a thing be practical?
I have not seen it yet. I have had my Burris for about 4 years now and have not changes the battery yet. I should replace the battery soon. I do not shoot with it as much as I should. the optic has to be removed to replace the battery. Holoson's battery can be replaced from the side of the optic. I have had that one for 3 years now and have not replaced the battery. I will say as of last week every red dot with batteries i have still work still work.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If anyone does it, it’ll be Holosun. They seem to be the most innovative and forward thinking optic company at present.

Latest posts

Top Bottom