Bullseye Pistol Match May 2nd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitaryBolt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a 2700 Bullseye Club Match on May 2nd at the Oklahoma City Gun Club and it starts at 09:00 sign-up at 08:30.
Cost is $10.00 but if it is your first Bullseye Match at OKC then it is FREE!!!
A good 22 pistol is all you need to get started into Bullseye shooting. Once you give it a try you will be hooked.
More info can be found on the web site. http://www.okcgunclub.org/bullseye/

MilitaryBolt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes it is May 2nd because on May 1st there is Bullseye Training for new shooters.
Bullseye is a precision sport but does have Timed Fire and Rapid Fire stages 20 seconds for 5 rounds and 10 seconds for 5. I know to Action Pistol shooters that sounds like a lifetime but the X ring is about inch and a half and the 10 ring is about three and a quarter inches also everything is shot one handed. The same target is used at 25 yards and 50 yards but the black is a little bigger on the 50 yard.
So if you want to wring the most accuracy out of both you and your gun then Bullseye may be your calling.

MilitaryBolt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can use iron sight or scopes just no laser sights. Most of the guys that are older like to use red dot sights.
They both compete in the same class and there are sub-classes starting with Marksman, Sharpshooter, Expert, Master and then High Master. The National record for Bullseye is still held by iron sights set sometime in the late 60's!

MilitaryBolt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you guys shoot this match every month? I can't make it this weekend but I's really like to come out and learn how to shoot more accurately from the bullseye crowd.

Yes we try to have two matches a month one on the 1st Sunday of the month that is a non-approved match and one on the 3rd Sat. and that is NRA approved with awards given. We also have the Training days on the 1st Sat, of the month (skipping June since there is a Regional Match in Dallas) going through Oct.
Starting in Nov. the 3rd Sat. we start air gun matches inside the Clubhouse through the winter.

Rolando

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun match. Doubt I have the equipment or skill to do well but sounds fun anyway. How long does the match last usually? I might be able to squeeze in a match on Sunday!!

MilitaryBolt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The match is actually 3 matches in one, a 22 match a center-fire match and a 45 match and they usually take an hour and a half a piece with a lunch break after the center-fire match. There are 90 shots for each match.
If you are just starting out you can shoot the 22 in all 3 matches to get use to the Range operations and you won't have to buy a 45 right away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom