Burner phone apps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Text Free is pretty good. The only issue ive had with it, or any of the others is that with a little research someone can determine its not a valid cell number.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are selling something on CL, why wouldn’t you use you own number? If I realized you were using a fake number, I’d instantly think you were dishonest and have something to hide. Which is 90% of the time true.
Same with myself selling something. If you were calling from a fake number, I’d think you were a creep that I’d rather not meet. Paranoid people make me paranoid.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are selling something on CL, why wouldn’t you use you own number? If I realized you were using a fake number, I’d instantly think you were dishonest and have something to hide. Which is 90% of the time true.
Same with myself selling something. If you were calling from a fake number, I’d think you were a creep that I’d rather not meet. Paranoid people make me paranoid.
Because many responses to CL adds are doing nothing but collecting phone numbers and/or email addresses.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ended up going to Walmart, ya I know... Found a $20.00 prepaid unlimited voice and text TracFone deal. Had a spare Galaxy S7 so also picked up a SIM card. Thought I was set until the gal at checkout said she did not know how to activate the phone and the person that did wouldn't be there for another hour. Well heck I can install the SIM card, how hard can it be, ha.

Drove home, made sure the spare phone was charged, installed the card and then the fun begin. Phone just did a boot loop, continually rebooting at startup. TracFone had an 800 # on the package, what the heck I'll call and see if we can't get this figured out.

To make a long story short found out that if the SIM isn't activated the boot loop is what it does, at least now I know the phone isn't broken. After an hour trying to understand a gal with an accent and jumping through many hoops I now have a phone working with a new number for $20.00 a month if I decide to keep it.

Need to do some research on what will happen if I just let it expire in a month, if I need it again will I get a new number or ?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
There was an app that I tried one time just to see if it worked that someone here mentioned. I don't recall what it was but it let you use any old phone through wifi for free.

I tried it on three old phones and it worked on all of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom