Butt cuffs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody needing/wanting a leather butt cuff for their rifle/shotgun, listen up!

I just got mine in the mail today for my new Cimarron 1878 Coach Gun that I'll be picking up Monday.

I know, I know...I put the cart before the horse. :screwy:

It's a custom made cuff from my new best friend Andy Langlois of www.shottist.com located in Vermont.

He offers several different styles/calibers in 4 or 5 different colors - Natural, oil tan, russett, walnut and black. With the color of the Cimarron's stock, Andy and I both agreed that the walnut finish would probably be best.

It showed up in the mailbox today after an extremely lengthy wait - about 2-3 weeks. ;) But don't let his fast production time fool you! :nono1: Andy produces a breathtaking piece of leather. :naughty: Granted, it doesn't look quite like the Galco I ordered for my Winchester a coupla months ago (before I found his site) but the quality is just as good. Actually, for the weapon I'm putting this cuff on, it's better than the Galco. Reason being is because the Cimarron 1878 coach gun is a more vintage looking scattergun. It's not a show room piece like the Stoeger, but a more rustic looking, working man's shotgun. The butt cuff also has this rustic, utilitarian look to it.

Andy did a slight modification to mine. Instead of burnishing the edges of the loops (which I'll talk about later) he left them natural, which contrasts nicely with the chocolate brown color of the walnut finish. The edges of the cuff itself is somewhat burnished, but still...a natural hue was left.

Andy makes his 12 gauge butt cuffs to hold five shotgun shells. With a double barrel scattergun, I kinda thought that 5th shell was uneccessary, so we altered his design and created the "2 plus 2" cuff. Basically, all he did was flatten the middle (5th) loop and stitch and "X" across it. Giving your fingers room enough to grab the shells in a two at a time unhindered fashion, for a super quick reload.

I'll do my best to get some pics when my coach gun arrives. You know me and cameras. :rolleyes2 My dealer said it should be here Monday...we'll see. :w000t:

Anyway...

If you are in the market for a leather butt cuff and have considered one from Galco or some other custom maker, give Andy Langlois a try. For around $45, he can hook you up with a beautiful butt cuff, so you can toss that ugly ol' black elastic one you got from Wal-Mart for 6 bucks. :disappoin

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks GED! Ordering mine tomorrow!

Now how did I know you would be the first one to respond to this? :rolleyes2

Ask him about the "Evan Lee 2 plus 2" scattergun cuff. I think you'll like it. :naughty:

Maybe I should get some kind of royalties from him for my idea. :contract:

Oh! By the way...

I called Chance Shelton at www.levergunleather.com about getting a cuff from him. He more or less just laughed at me and said he could make me one and get it to me...

...by next spring/summer. :faint:

He seemed like kind of a jerk, IMHO. :tounge:

But Andy is a great guy. Shoot him an email right now and he'll probably answer you back in just a few minutes. He even took the time to answer all of my goofy questions via his Blackberry! :ooh2:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not waiting 6 months for one - its not like a holster or anything!!

I'll go with your guy!

Being the leather aficionado that you are, I think you'll be pleased. ;)

I would consider the ratio of Andy's cuff compared to the Galco or the "Lever Gunleather" cuff equivalent to an UBG holster compared to a Milt Sparks.

The Sparks holster may look a little prettier under certain instances, but the UBG is a solid performer. Like this cuff. You may see a slight blip in a corner or stitch or something, but with these Cimarron shottys, they will look right at home. :thumb:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He also makes an ORIGINAL style of "Yaqui slide" holster without the tension screws that Milt Sparks used to make.

This is/was the exact same style of Yaqui that the late Col. Jeff Cooper (RIP) used on a daily basis.

Latest posts

Top Bottom