California Bill Would Enact “Staggering” New Firearms Parts Regulations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.ammoland.com/2018/04/ca...0_6f6fac3eaa-12610cc88c-7179273#axzz5C6PKcx1U
California Bill Would Enact “Staggering” New Firearms Parts Regulations

SACRAMENTO, CA-(Ammoland.com)- Firearms Policy Coalition today announced that it had acquired new “mock-up” language for California Assembly Bill 2382 (AB 2382), currently a bill authored by Asm. Mike Gipson (D – Carson) to expand the definition of “firearm” and “receiver,” that would enact a radical and far-reaching new regulatory scheme by treating non-firearm parts, components, and even some raw materials in a virtually-identical manner as Gavin Newsom's Proposition 63 and Senator Kevin de Leon's SB 1235 (2016) did with ammunition. FPC called the broad reach and implications of the disturbing amendments “staggering.”

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have posted on certain implications of this issue in the past. Again...... An retired Engineer who worked many years at boing once told me and my friend (his Son in Law) the following: “ Someday, in the interest of Public Safety, it will be illegal for private citizens to own shop tools like lathes, milling machines and drill presses as well as stock materials because they can be utilized to create weapons.”

It seems that this is the beginning.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom