Camo pattern?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elfdowney

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hey All, Been lurking almost daily since I joined (Learn more by listening than by talking!) So this is my first post.
I live in the center of the Panhandle. What camo pattern and colors do you suggest for my area? I lean more toward jeans and a camo shirt for everyday SHTF wear. Any suggestions?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My thoughts on camo just kinda depends on what your goal is as far as blending in or hiding from. If your hunting, stealth is more important than colors. If your trying to hide from ppl....you can't beat a ghilli suit.

Personally I think camo is way over rated. That said, earth tones are wtg. Brown, black, dull green, tans and gray.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My thoughts on camo just kinda depends on what your goal is as far as blending in or hiding from. If your hunting, stealth is more important than colors. If your trying to hide from ppl....you can't beat a ghilli suit.

Personally I think camo is way over rated. That said, earth tones are wtg. Brown, black, dull green, tans and gray.

Agree with above....................I've got, and if you need a great store bought camo for that country, Natural Gear Brown is great............sage and sand, spring or winter it really blends in great out here.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome elf,

The best camp pattern for anywhere is a highly subjective subject that the military can't even get right. Pick something that matches the tone of your surroundings and go with it.

East German rain pattern works great around here, especially in the winter/fall, and just about any of the popular military-ish patterns will work during greener months.

A-tacs might be a good all around choice, as well as good 'ol USGI woodland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom