can anyone give me a western OK deer report

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to be out in the vici/woodward area for rifle opening weekend and was wondering what the rut and movement was looking like out there. Here in the NE part of the sate the rut is on the back end and most of the mature bucks are currently with does and have been for a few days.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like every year. It is looking like things will be going hot and heavy opening weekend around those parts. There has not been much activity the last few days.

I have seen a few smaller bucks acting pretty worked up but nothing good.

I have this week off and actually came back to SW OK chasing the rut if you will because things have been so slow the last few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to be out in the vici/woodward area for rifle opening weekend and was wondering what the rut and movement was looking like out there. Here in the NE part of the sate the rut is on the back end and most of the mature bucks are currently with does and have been for a few days.

I'm not sure where you're getting the rut is on the tail end here.
They are just picking up and should be hot and heavy come opening weekend.
Just like every year

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
According to game cam, time in the stand, and reports from friends, it's been dead and can only improve this next week or so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom