Can anyone recommend a pest control/vermin catcher place in the OKC metro?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weird noises coming from the attic tonight. Scurrying and such. Methinks it's a raccoon or possum so I want to get them out ASAP since I know they can cause some serious damage if left alone. Or, if they have babies.

Can you recommend any pest control people/companies that work in the metro area? I'm in Norman.

Thanks a bunch, all.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would check around your house for decent sized holes they could have gotten through. It's probably just mice. They sound a lot bigger than they are. We had a similar problem, they had chewed a hole in the wall in my garage and were living in my attic, making all sorts of racket.

I set out some traps with peanut butter in the attic and caught 5 in the first two days, and a straggler a couple days later. Little bitty buggers.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's actually pretty easy to catch large critters who've invaded the house if you're physically able. As mentioned above the first step is to find where they are coming in and going out. Look for worn spots, discolored areas, that kind of thing and it will be easier to find the hole. Then determine if you want to trap in or out (usually in is easier). Close up the holes and make sure there are no weak areas that they can quickly turn into a new door. Put a live trap in the attic with some cat food and peanut butter (I've found those two appeal to most critters) and wait. Whatever you catch you just release away from houses and put the trap back then repeat until you stop catching critters. Problem solved and a lot of money saved. There are organizations that will loan you the live traps so you don't have to buy any.

If it's little critters like mice then you have to really get down and dirty to find their holes in the attic, seal them with steel mesh and set kill traps with peanut butter around the attic and repeat until you stop catching mice. It's a pain, especially in an older home but it's doable. Then get a cat :) usually just having a cat in the house will be enough to keep mice from living in the house, even in the attic. Plus it's a great chance to adopt a kitty from the Humane Society :)

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, everyone.

Early this morning I called Mike with Safeguard, and he was out to my place in a couple hours. We inspected the house and he set out some stuff that'll take care of mice and rats, if that's what's bothering us.

Super nice guy, and I would recommend him to anyone. He handles usual pests like insects and termites, and he'll handle mice and rats, but nothing larger. Check him out: http://www.mooretermiteexterminators.com/

Latest posts

Top Bottom