Can we CCW while hunting in OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamingMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Walk in with a lighter, gun, camera and gps and you will find out.

Beer, bullet (no gun), range finder, binoculars, matches, decoy ...

My computer hasn't been able to get to MCAAP website for 2 days or else I'd posted restricted items. Each time they talk about restricted items I get a lump in my throat because I am afraid something may have fallen into some little nook in my car and I can't find it. Two years ago I found a .270 clip w/ 4 rounds in my carry-in bag just minutes before we walked out of the cabin to go on day 1 hunt. Yes, I puckered up a little bit.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Beer, bullet (no gun), range finder, binoculars, matches, decoy ...

My computer hasn't been able to get to MCAAP website for 2 days or else I'd posted restricted items. Each time they talk about restricted items I get a lump in my throat because I am afraid something may have fallen into some little nook in my car and I can't find it. Two years ago I found a .270 clip w/ 4 rounds in my carry-in bag just minutes before we walked out of the cabin to go on day 1 hunt. Yes, I puckered up a little bit.

The homepage hasn't work for weeks. You must google it and then click on one of the sublistings.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't carry on CORPS land, it's federal and most is bow and shotgun with pellets only. You can't even carry in your boat if fishing CORP waters.
You can carry on private land during archery season if you own the land. Land you don't own is different, but you always have the "I'm hunting for yote or hog" reasoning too. Which is legal with a pistol... So it's kind of a grey area.
WMAs that are Bow and shotgun with pellets only I THINK don't allow carry. The whole "no firearms" deal.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
?????

COE land is open to whatever firearm is legal for the season. Only exception is some areas next to camping areas that might be restricted to bow or SG with pellets for safety reasons.

Kaw, keystone, skiatook, and several others are the same.
Check the ODW booklet. All COE lands and their regs are listed in the back.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I carry while bow hunting no matter where I am at. Partly because I don't know if someone is going to be waiting for me at my truck when I get back from hunting. I can't defend myself easily with bow.

Oh, and lions and pigs...

Latest posts

Top Bottom