Capping off sprinkler heads?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some I don't need to spray anymore; is there a way to cap without digging? I have no idea what sprinklers I have but they are only a few years old so probably a common type? Can anyone tell the the "must knows" before I can plan to do this so I can get th right parts from the hardware store?

Thanks

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It depends on the size of your heads and type of heads and whether they have a risers screwed onto them if so just unscrew the head from the riser and get some threaded caps and screw on, if no riser then you can build a riser or buy them premade and cut to length and add cap. And check to see if you have a bleeder value on your line you can shut the system off and bleed the line so it wont freeze.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I agree, screw tightened and the spray will stop. Sprinklers are a pain in the butt sometimes but a necessary modern evil.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And check to see if you have a bleeder value on your line you can shut the system off and bleed the line so it wont freeze.
If he caps the line with water in it, it won't drain anyway. Or did you mean bleed it off before capping?

Sorry, fighting a headache and my reading/comprehension skills are no doubt compromised. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom