Car or Truck CCW pistol mount pics or ideas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 If your carrying it in your vehicle with a CCW it should be on you.

I would also think that you might have SDA violations to worry about, because if its not concealed on your person, then technically wouldn't it be "transporting" the pistol, in which case the chamber loaded clause would be in effect.

I'd like clarification on this.. I've read that "concealed" can be under a towel on your passenger seat. You are saying that if you have a CHL you must have it concealed on your person when in your car?

What if you have to leave the gun in the car - locked in the glove box... can it not be chambered?

B

I would like clarification on this also. I usually tuck my pistol between the driver seat and center console. Or stick it under my crotch.. Don't ask. :preocc:

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like clarification on this.. I've read that "concealed" can be under a towel on your passenger seat. You are saying that if you have a CHL you must have it concealed on your person when in your car?

What if you have to leave the gun in the car - locked in the glove box... can it not be chambered?

The CHL makes it legal for you to carry, transport or store a loaded handgun in your vehicle. Section 1289.13 of the OK SDA. If an unlicensed person is in the vehicle, the license holder must be "in or near."

If you have a CHL, you should read the pertinent parts of the SDA at least annually. There is a lot of BS floating around on the internet.
http://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_Lawbook_NOV_2007_2_.pdf

As to the OP question, I'm not a fan of unsecured handguns in vehicles due to their tendency to go flying in a collision. A holster inside the glove box or console secures them if you don't want to carry on your person.

arenathlete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The CHL makes it legal for you to carry, transport or store a loaded handgun in your vehicle. Section 1289.13 of the OK SDA. If an unlicensed person is in the vehicle, the license holder must be "in or near."

If you have a CHL, you should read the pertinent parts of the SDA at least annually. There is a lot of BS floating around on the internet.
http://www.ok.gov/osbi/documents/SDA_Lawbook_NOV_2007_2_.pdf

As to the OP question, I'm not a fan of unsecured handguns in vehicles due to their tendency to go flying in a collision. A holster inside the glove box or console secures them if you don't want to carry on your person.

thanks for the link

shanedd1422

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well a friend of mine actually has a car safe for his gun that locks to the seat brackets. He locks his in when he goes into places that he can't have the gun and wants to make sure it isn't going to be stolen if someone breaks into his car. I would recommend getting one of those. It is made by C-Mass or Center of Mass... something like that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom