Careful out there ladies.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice shots! I have to say though, the first thing I noticed was the logo. Kind of mars the images - maybe you could fade it some more or put the logo at an angle on the body of the snake so it's less obtrusive.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually didn't. He roamed free once I left out. Honestly I wouldn't have killed the thing if he had actually broke the skin. I am one of those guys that can't blame the snake for me stomping on him.

great pics! love the top one.

glad to hear both you and the snake survived unharmed.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice shots! I have to say though, the first thing I noticed was the logo. Kind of mars the images - maybe you could fade it some more or put the logo at an angle on the body of the snake so it's less obtrusive.

I usually don't watermark the photos I post here. Basically I trust you guys far more than the rest of the forums and social media sites I frequent. I just didn't take the time to save another web version of them without the marks. The actual pictures don't have them and neither will the prints I am making of them.

I know that some think watermarking is cheesy or a form of advertising. I am not looking to do that at all. It could be easily removed by anyone that knew what they were doing.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard recently that in areas with lots of hogs, rattlers have stopped rattling since it attracts hogs. Not sure this is true, but on my deer lease there are lots of pigs, and darn few snakes. The few I have seen have been close to the cabin. This includes rattlers, copperheads, and non poisonous snakes. Prior to the hogs, there were lots of snakes of various types.

The lease is east of Davis, OK, and has plenty of pigs. Pigs are pretty mobile, but are there at the moment. We use hog fences to keep them away from deer feeders, which are going to be activated the middle of this month.

I normally carry either a .44 mag or a .454 Casull as a hog gun, and use ground blinds. Have been charged once a few years back, land had an open sights Redhawk in.44 mag. Missed, but scared the hog away.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I heard recently that in areas with lots of hogs, rattlers have stopped rattling since it attracts hogs. Not sure this is true, but on my deer lease there are lots of pigs, and darn few snakes. The few I have seen have been close to the cabin. This includes rattlers, copperheads, and non poisonous snakes. Prior to the hogs, there were lots of snakes of various types.

The lease is east of Davis, OK, and has plenty of pigs. Pigs are pretty mobile, but are there at the moment. We use hog fences to keep them away from deer feeders, which are going to be activated the middle of this month.

I normally carry either a .44 mag or a .454 Casull as a hog gun, and use ground blinds. Have been charged once a few years back, land had an open sights Redhawk in.44 mag. Missed, but scared the hog away.

I'm thinking snakes aren't capable of critical thinking skills, they just respond to their environment based on instinct. One rattler didn't see his buddy rattle at a hog and then go tell his buddies not to rattle around here, cause you might get eaten.............. if this were the case, they would have stopped rattling at humans 200 years ago, since almost every snake encounter with a human results in the snake getting shot or killed in some manner.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
natural selection. the quiet ones live longer and reproduce more.

it's becoming a problem where the ones that rattle are killed at every opportunity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom