Carol burnett

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We just watched Carol Burnett receive the Mark Twain award and I have to wonder, are there any modern comics that can be that funny with every other word being a cuss word? I remember growing up watching her and others like her with the whole family laughing. Nothing off color except for when one of them would loose it or it was a gag. (elephant sketch or fake boobs) Now days it seems they can not get a laugh without shocking you into it.

What was your favorite Carol Burnett sketch? Mine was Tim Conway as the dentist and watching Harvey try not to crack up, he failed.

Last edited by a moderator:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man that's a tough one. Hard to top the dentist but Mama cracks me up. I think that show was a once in a lifetime thing. Cosby was a great showman too.

Agreed. We all used to set around seeing how long it took Harvey to loose it and what Conway would come up with next. To me one of the best things about Burnett is that she could play off anybody it seemed.

For those of you to young to know, they used to let Tim Conway ad-lib a lot and he was always trying to get everyone else to crack up. Here is the one time Carol got him. It is an out take and the closest the show ever got to being naughty.

The boobs are fake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Favorite? Wow, tough one. The buffalo ice cream cone? I just loved the show. The Dean Martin Roasts were awesome, too. I am a huge Don Rickles fan, too. Yep, most TV shows now, you could film in the Red Dog and save your production money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom