Carry Gun / Action Pistol Match Sunday September 21st, 2014 @ 6:00 PM at Safety 1st!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carry Gun / Action Pistol Match Sunday September 21st, 2014 @ 6:00 PM at Safety 1st!!

Where: Safety 1st Gun Range
1456 N. Kelly Avenue
Edmond, OK 73003

Signup: Sign up starts at 5:30pm

Match Type: Handgun, emphasis on carry guns and holsters, but all are welcome.
Stages: Four
Round Count: 100 rounds should cover most matches.

Equipment: Practical guns .380 or larger, carried in practical gear. Holster (required) must cover trigger guard. Two spare magazines or 3 speedloaders will get you through most any stage. No shoulder holsters or cross-draw rigs.

Rules: Basically, USPSA rules with TIME PLUS scoring. All calibers/power factors are scored the same.

Divisions:

Carry Gun
MUST shoot from concealment in standard concealed carry gear!!
Low Cap: = 10 rounds per magazine
High Cap: = 11 rounds per magazine and up
Revolver: = any revolver, any barrel length, any capacity

Action Pistol
USPSA rules apply towards equipment
Low Cap: = 10 rounds per magazine
High Cap: = 11 rounds per magazine and up
Revolver: = any revolver, any barrel length, any capacity

Limited to the first 30 shooters!

Cost: $20

This match has historically been very friendly to new shooters. We want to continue this tradition, so we ask for everyone to be on their best behavior and represent the shooting sports in a positive light.

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New shooter here, so does the "Low Cap" mean my 1911 with the stock 7 rnd mag is not eligible?

This is a great match for new shooters. I'm speaking from experience. I had never shot a match until Mitch started putting on these events. These are fun events that are set up with an emphasis on shooting from concealed carry. The open shooters are always well represented too. Great group of people. Really helpful for us "new guys".

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks, no experience with shooting matches, so trying to swallow the pride, and talk myself into doing it. :)

Just go. No pride to swallow. No judgment from anyone. When you sign up just tell Mitch that you are new. He will put someone with you to answer questions. A month ago I was exactly where you are. I just went. I'm glad I did, I had a great time. I haven't missed a Safety 1st match since.

See you Sunday.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just go. No pride to swallow. No judgment from anyone. When you sign up just tell Mitch that you are new. He will put someone with you to answer questions. A month ago I was exactly where you are. I just went. I'm glad I did, I had a great time. I haven't missed a Safety 1st match since.

See you Sunday.

This, this, this, a bazillion times THIS!!! Every single person there, no matter how good they are, was the new guy once ... Don't let another month get away. You will have a BLAST!**

**Just know that you are probably gonna need to get into reloading ... :P if you are not already ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom