Cat lovers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't you mean upgrade from the "crazy old lady of Bethany" to the "crazy old cat lady of Bethany"?

:spitlaugh Yep. Cats in the front yard, dogs in the back ... everybody take shifts coming in the house ... I actually did ask if I could adopt this kitten cuz it reminded me of Bubba. You know, the feral cat that adopted me and then died suddenly after I got him all tame and fat -- the goober -- GC threatened to put me back in the closet ... :shocked::uhwhat: :pokeowned

Okvet03

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the wife found a place nearby that will do:

physical exam : $24 (bring in own fecal specimen for exam)
$35 for shots
$35 for feline leukemia test

Is this decent?

That's a fair price. I believe it's a little less than what we charge. Get the felv/fiv test done before you do anything else. If he comes up positve for felv he's not long for this world and it's hard on the family when you have to put him down within the year. We have a saying around the clinic, No such thing as a free pet. Before you take on the pet I would budget in the cost of cat food and advantage or frontline for fleas. Don't mess with the hartz or seargents (it kills cats dead). When it comes to low cost neuter, I'd recommend Dr. Jake Boyer. I don't remember the name of his clinic but he's very good at what he does. His dad and brother own Boyer animal hospital in Moore. They could point you in his direction. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree the only cat to own picks you. When I was in my early 20's and it was low 20's F w/ a howling north wind a gray tabby decided she was my cat and ran inside my apartment and hid under the bed frost bitten ears and all. Over 15 year later she is still hanging in there and trusts me to no end. I think her time is drawing near, 2 of our other cats which were also strays and younger than her have all died this year.
I can tell you one thing for sure, this cat is more loyal than any dog. I never cared much for cats until I was picked.
Having said all of that, if I have a say in the matter there will be no more cats or dogs in this house. It's not easy watching your pets waste away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom