I Don't Like To Be Reminded Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do any of you have an offspring that will call you and tell you about an upcoming birthday of his kids? For years, my son has called me and says, "don't forget xxx's birthday" It's tomorrow. I talked to hm about this that the cell phone reminds me, the calendar has it noted and I have a fairly good memory plus I have it written down in my notes elsewhere. It irritates me he jsut called so I sent him a list of all the people I have to remember throughout the years nearly 30 birthdays and Christmas gifts and the wife nor I get very little in return yet we fork over 25-$50 a whack for family and their offspring never gift us and rarely thank us. I get invited to my birthday party at a restaurant and guess who pays?
Sorry but I am a little PO'd

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heres an idea… do what we do, stop giving people money for being alive. I told my wife (our girl is but a wee lass) that Im not shelling out money and gifts for everybody because this is the most overfed, excess luxury, and most entitled nation on the planet and Im feeding into societies silliness. I dont believe in this “obligatory giving and showing face” stuff. Miserable!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a very short gift list. I give gifts to people because I want to...not because I feel obligated to. And gift giving for me oftentimes isn't attached to a particular day. Most of the time it's because I see something I think the person will like and appreciate.

I never expect anything in return.

Zachrankin

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heres an idea… do what we do, stop giving people money for being alive. I told my wife (our girl is but a wee lass) that Im not shelling out money and gifts for everybody because this is the most overfed, excess luxury, and most entitled nation on the planet and Im feeding into societies silliness. I dont believe in this “obligatory giving and showing face” stuff. Miserable!
Say it loader for the ones in the back!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. Grumpy and I don't even exchange gifts for the usual holidays, birthdays, etc. It's crazy the relatives we've both had expect us to fork over the deed to the ranch when they don't even call us on our birthdays. 🙄🙄

I had an old boyfriend who used to expect me to pull out all the stops for his but I was lucky if I got a kiss before he screwed me on my birthday. 🙄🙄 I got kinda pissy with him one year a couple days after my birthday and he actually tried to convince me my birthday was on the 28th ... Not the 24th ... 🙄😂😂😂🤬🤬🤬 That didn't go well for him. His birthday rolled around a few months later and I just acted like it was another day in paradise. He tried to have a little hissy fit. Yeah ... I got a LOT of pent-up anger out that evening. 😂😂😂😂 He bought dinner that night ... Lol

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do any of you have an offspring that will call you and tell you about an upcoming birthday of his kids? For years, my son has called me and says, "don't forget xxx's birthday" It's tomorrow. I talked to hm about this that the cell phone reminds me, the calendar has it noted and I have a fairly good memory plus I have it written down in my notes elsewhere. It irritates me he jsut called so I sent him a list of all the people I have to remember throughout the years nearly 30 birthdays and Christmas gifts and the wife nor I get very little in return yet we fork over 25-$50 a whack for family and their offspring never gift us and rarely thank us. I get invited to my birthday party at a restaurant and guess who pays?
Sorry but I am a little PO'd

I wished I could call my Dad to remind him of my kid's b-day but cancer took care of that.

My mother is still alive but we tell her not to buy the kids presents for Bdays. Just put some money in their 529 if she wants to give.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wished I could call my Dad to remind him of my kid's b-day but cancer took care of that.

My mother is still alive but we tell her not to buy the kids presents for Bdays. Just put some money in their 529 if she wants to give.
No joke. I'd give everything I own if my kid could call me one more time.

Folks really have to look for something to ***** about sometimes.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our family for nieces and nephews and step relatives after you turn 18 no more gifts.
That stuff is for children.
But your own kids yea we get them things.
I get things also.
Mixed nuts or chocolate or my favorite Rope!

I love good rope or cordage or chains or ratchet straps.
Things I use often.
But our family does not beat around the bush. If you have a problem then spit it out.
Tell your son exactly how you feel and I mean exactly just so there is no question about anything.

They can like it or lump it.

Peacefulness.

Latest posts

Top Bottom