Cat vs Dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished a 2 hr show on Nat Geo about wolves vs mountain lions.
I knew you guys would be interested since they are infested around here.

The strike ratio (instant kill) for a mountain lion is 80 percent, while the wolf is only 10 percent. Wolves kill by a thousand tiny bites, while the canine teeth of the mountain lion sever the spinal cord. Wolves attact the rear of the animal to bring it down, mountain lions jump on the back of prey.

As you were.....just rambling....:blush:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was totally interesting watching how the predator took its prey. They showed wolves against bison, elk, and deer. All were just bitten by the 100lb wolves , but that led to bleeding. Eventually the blood loss took over. Also showed wolves running a mountain lion off a kill. Lions have no stamina, wolves can run for 10 hours at at time if need be. Great shows.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I really hope it's on again. I've always heard mountain lions were the most efficient killers around. I've always wondered how they get some of the film they do. Most people go through life and never see a lion and if they do its usually a fleeting second.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I really hope it's on again. I've always heard mountain lions were the most efficient killers around. I've always wondered how they get some of the film they do. Most people go through life and never see a lion and if they do its usually a fleeting second.

Except for black mt lions, which are seen regularly. Hell, I saw one at Jack in the Box last week. Just a glimpse, but it was black, I swear. Screamed like a woman.

Latest posts

Top Bottom