CC License expired - What do I need to do.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Figured since it is Sunday I could find an easy answer here.

I was cleaning out my wallet and saw my CCL expired on the 9th of this month. Good thing I haven't carried in a little while. Can I still re-new or do I have to start over ? I know I know stupid :angry3::smash: but I can barely keep track of a week much less 5 years. Any help is appreciated.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Renew directly with OSBI. You have 3 years from expiration to renew without being considered an "initial applicant" and there is a 30 day grace period after expiration for renewal/carry.

This page has all the info you need: http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Concealed_Weapons_Licensing/Instructions_for_License_Renewal/index.html

So, unless they process your renewal quickly you won't be able to carry for a few months...not sure what the current turn around time is on renewals right now. Good luck!

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should have gotten a letter in the mail as well letting you know that it was gonna expire.

I just got my renewal license yesterday, they tell you its less than 60 days for a renewal, they lie...I submitted mine first week of June, it expired first week of July, like I said, I got it yesterday.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine expires in November. I got a letter from them 3 weeks ago to renew. All info has been sent in. You do have to get new passport photos. I screwed up the first time and left my glasses on. No hats and no glasses.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You should have gotten a letter in the mail as well letting you know that it was gonna expire.

I just got my renewal license yesterday, they tell you its less than 60 days for a renewal, they lie...I submitted mine first week of June, it expired first week of July, like I said, I got it yesterday.

Thanks a bunch. I got it filled out. Need to get new photo this week and I'll be all set. Hopefully they are quicker now than it originally was.

I never got anything in the mail, but then again we moved 4 years ago. I don't remember every updating the address.

Latest posts

Top Bottom