CCW and Bass Pro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanwk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Bass Pro in OKC today and noticed a small sign stating to check your weapon at the front desk. Well that certainly will NOT happen with me. Guess this was my LAST visit to the store and I will not purchase any more items there. They have nerve to request this and they sell firearms.

Furious_George

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the bass pro around here is the worst sporting goods store I've ever been to (next to gun world). Having said that, I always thought that sign was meant mainly for people who were bringing in anything except for legally carried concealed weapons.

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its for people just hauling them in so the loss prevention folk dont think your stealing. Its like going to walmart with a return and getting the sticker for it so you dont look like your stealing.

McLovin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a related note though they do suck at customer service. My buddy bought a high end set of cold weather hunting clothes, some $500-$600 for bibs and jacket. He wore them a half dozen times and one day he was out and the seam on the leg split down the middle and filling started falling out. He took them in and Bass Pro said that his receipt was dated one year and two weeks, and they only warranty their stuff for one year. My buddy talked to the manager about it and the manager basically said tough luck. Then he went home and got every receipt he had that was less than a year old, a good thousand dollars worth of stuff, and took it all back. Went on an online Cabelas shopping spree that night.

Latest posts

Top Bottom