CCW & Surrendering your weapon.?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok. Do that, and document the results please. Seriously. If someone wants to take that stance, I'm all for it. You first though. LOL. Give us a good AAR.

Sms, i think he is talking about acting as legal counsel for someone who finds themselves in that situation. I also believe he just offered his services at no charge, along with an army of defense attorneys. Can i get your contact info Jhat?
I'm talking about being my own test case. Not long ago an officer demanded to see my pistol after I had complied with the statute. I refused. He threatened to arrest me and I told him I would see his ass in Federal Court. He stated "you must be a wanna be lawyer" to which I responded that I was a real f++++++ lawyer. Showed him my bar card and his ass was gone.
I suppose if a cop asked SMS for consent to search his house, SMS would say sure, don't forget to look in the safe. To each his own!

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, a couple posts up he said he'd make a cop take his gun by force, then he'd fall back on free legal counsel. Something most of us can't avail ourselves of.

We got us an Internet crusader....and the rest of us are sheep.

Yeah, I can see where that could be the case. At that point I would be more worried about some free health care. Either way, I am not of a mind to put my hands anywhere near a weapon when stopped by the police. They can reach in and take it if they are so inclined, but I wont use force to retain it at that point. It is just a simple matter of who has the initiative, and stopped on the side of the road with an officer to my oblique; possibly on both sides, means I dont.

I suppose if a cop asked SMS for consent to search his house, SMS would say sure, don't forget to look in the safe. To each his own!
Dont know the guy, do you?

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok. Do that, and document the results please. Seriously. If someone wants to take that stance, I'm all for it. You first though. LOL. Give us a good AAR.

Nah, a couple posts up he said he'd make a cop take his gun by force, then he'd fall back on free legal counsel. Something most of us can't avail ourselves of.

We got us an Internet crusader....and the rest of us are sheep.
Nope. My buddies wouldn't take my money just as I have never taken theirs if they needed assistance.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeah, I can see where that could be the case. At that point I would be more worried about some free health care. Either way, I am not of a mind to put my hands anywhere near a weapon when stopped by the police. They can reach in and take it if they are so inclined, but I wont use force to retain it at that point. It is just a simple matter of who has the initiative, and stopped on the side of the road with an officer to my oblique; possibly on both sides, means I dont.

Dont know the guy, do you?
No, and don't really care to know him.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And what think you of his remarks. The views of SMS and myself are clearly 180° apart. Knowing him will not change that. Has nothing to do with like or dislike.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Choose whatever term u like to describe people who lay down and let the man ++++ all over their constitutional and statutory rights. I prefer sheep but you can describe such persons as you so choose. By the way, I referred to no particular person as a sheep.

Latest posts

Top Bottom