Change .40 Sigma to 9mm with barrel and mag change?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I see I can get a SW9VE barrel for just under $80 via Midway. Magazine will probably put me over a hundred shipped...might just make sense to put another $200 with it buy a SW9VE for the difference in $$$. Still would be cool to see if it works though.

doctruptwn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Won't work, I thpought about it and tried it out in theory then asked the guy's on the smith form. Basically, in a pinch the 9mm barrel will fit in the 40, and the 40 mags will hold the 9mm round and feed OK, but not realiably, but the 9mm mags will not work in the 40 frame.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if they are anything like a glock, then the barrels could swap but you will have some play. You can purchase a conversion barrel that is the same outside diameter as the .40 barrel and eliminate that. It doesn't make sense to me that the mags wouldn't fit the gun. I am betting they are the same except caliber.

pbaumei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have glocks, i can switch out the barrel, mag and slide in anout 35 seconds, not sure if the slide is required, but it is comming off anyway. can swap 17 to 22 and 34 to 35

Latest posts

Top Bottom