charter arms new carr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might be interesting if the cylinders are in scale length-wise with the shorter auto pistol rounds (vs., say, a .357 cylinder). Then one in .40SW might be a neat little gun. Wonder how easy one would be to reload from a pistol magazine, thumbing them off one at a time into the cylinders...

I have several Bianchi speed stips for a .38/357mag and the 40s&w round fits perfect in one as well.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A little bit of a hijack, but only a little one :)

Anyone have any experience with a Charter Arms undercover? They are only $320 at the LGS here in OKC.

[Broken External Image]

Unless I'm mistaken, that is basically the same as Mrs. Beeblebrox's "Pink Lady" (.38 spcl) except for not being DAO. If so, it is very reliable and kicks like a mule with +P loads. It is also incredibly lightweight, and I've always had a soft spot for Charter revolvers.

As far as the original post, I would be interested in the .45, but REALLY interested in the .44 spcl "Pug" (I know, they already got those).:hey3:

Cycklone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well i have done it ... I went and dug up an OLD OLD post

Just wondering if anyone heard anything about these (esp .40SW) it did read back in Apr or May on one of the forums that July was the "new" date after the 1st Q of 2009 was originally planned
....well we are about to enter fall of 2009 so I'm just wondering

Would really like to get that .40 for my own x-mas gift (then tell the wife i don't want anything else!!) unless one of you has a SW-646 for CHEAP (pm me!), and we all know you really don't need another safe queen!!

Cyck

Slack One

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Charter's official line right now is that they'll get here when they get here. They've apparently been straining their assembly lines just to keep up with their current models, as post-Obama buying is still pretty crazy.

Cycklone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep i dug up an old post vs starting a new one and haveing people say "ooo i likey" or someother crazy stuff.....

Anyone heard anything new?

I can see on website saying early 2010
and i think we are there (kinda the end of early)

i would love one in .40SW......

Cyck

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The original family recently re-purchased the company and have said quality is now job number one.
They've always been a decent backup or home defense weapon.
Now maybe they will become a decent carry piece.
I've always kind of liked there stuff. But they aren't investment quality.
Buy one, use it, take care of it. It should be good to go.

OSU Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think this revolver will do pretty well for them. My grandpa has a old charter arms .38 that has been sitting unfired in his safe for many years. I've been trying to talk him into passing it onto me, hopefully it will happen soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom