Cheap Crappy wheelbarrow ties

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being basically retired I use the heck out of mine. Probably on par to a busy yard contractor.

I’m on my 2nd True Temper wheelbarrow in the last couple years. Both of them have the ‘Cheap Crappy’ tires on them that don’t last a year.

New wheelbarrow aren’t getting any cheaper.

IMG_5368.jpeg

Fun fact 1st was blue, second is yellow, current apparently grey.

Thought about buying replacement tires but they’re too pricey for the cheap quality.

Googled solid wheelbarrow tires and found these.

IMG_5367.jpeg

Yeah they aren’t cheap either but I’m willing to take a gamble. They are cheaper than a new wheelbarrow.

Anyway I got them on and I’m ready for another summer.

IMG_5366.jpeg

If anyone cares I’ll try and update you at the end of my outdoor season.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screw all that Manuel labor!
I gots me one of these for $20 at a yard sale a few years ago. This year alone, we have offloaded two pickup loads of garden dirt with its dump feature. It's cheaper than the other one too.

https://www.harborfreight.com/10-cu-ft-max-trailer-cart-64831.html?

I'm using a V8 engine valve as a hitch pin after sheering two grade 5 bolts.

1717425775636.png

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those pulled behind a mower/tractor won’t fit where I need them. Hence the wheelbarrow.

On a side note I have a Polaris with dump bed for hauling dirt or other bulky stuff.

IMG_5372.jpeg

Like this 50 gallon tank I’ve made a watering rig out of so I don’t have to drag my hose all around behind me.

IMG_5370.jpeg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know how that tire holds up. I've had to replace the handles on my wheelbarrow and the tire still holds air while I'm doing whatever, but I have to air it up every time I go to use it so ... 🤷 I'm sure the day is coming where I'll need to replace it also.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be interested to know how that tire holds up. I've had to replace the handles on my wheelbarrow and the tire still holds air while I'm doing whatever, but I have to air it up every time I go to use it so ... 🤷 I'm sure the day is coming where I'll need to replace it also.

Same Same

I’ll try and remember to share.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I replaced my wheelbarrow tires with riding lawn mower tires.
Yea some welding or fitting is required but you can score junk riders for free many times and get 4 tires.
I made go carts and mini bikes with lawn mower tires and my last was the HUlK dolly I made.
Huge tires on a 2 wheel hand truck.
No more flats

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had one of those and a metal version. They’re okay for what they are.

Good advice on the UV expose. But mine fail more because a grass sticker punctured the cheap crappy tires. 😁

Also for the record my gardening and yard work are what I do to avoid a gym membership so I’m not necessarily looking for something easier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom