check your broad heads...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I emailed Rage last night to see what they say. Haven't heard anything yet. So I'm changing broadheads now. What are your suggestions?

Muzzy fixed blade?
g5 something?

Love the blood trail I have gotten from Rage mechanicals, but not willing to risk losing anymore chances at a good deer.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The only mechanical's I've ever used have been the Vortex 100gr. shot out of my Matthews and my crossbow. Never any failures and many of them have been driven into the dirt after pass throughs, other than dull, blades looked untouched.

I like the G5's, but it's the only failure I've had, but it was after the pass through, it broke off in the ground at the threads. Didn't cost me a deer.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slick trick magnums- 4 blade 100 grain fixed blade, steel ferule, so sharp out of the box they will almost cut you if you look to long. Fly out of my crossbow just like a field point. Killed over 20 deer with them so far, as long as I do my job, they do theirs.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol
ST are arguably the best flying fixed blade on the market. They are a 4 blade with a steep cutting angle that's tough as hell and sharp as can be. Plus Gary was a top notch guy and had the best CS in the business!
Not to mention they are priced very well.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used Muzzys for a long time. I did not like the aluminum ferrule, seemed like they bent a lot when going through a deer, then I noticed their blades started to not be real sharp out of the pack. That was it for me. Went to Slick Trick and never looked back...

boomer mooner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the old school magnus 2 blades. Use cardboard wheel on a grinder with jewelers rouge to sharpen them. Like someone else said earlier, I have always tightened my broadheads, or field tips for that matter, when I take them out of my quiver or when I pull them out of a target. Been doing it since I was a kid, just habit now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom