Cleet security/pi bonds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmotulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Suggestions on where to get a bond for an armed pi/security license?

I'm sure its been addressed before but id like up to date info and if there's anyone here that writes them or can give me a reco that'd be swell.

FYI i'm clueless as to how this is any different than insurance so if anyone could fill me in on that that'd be nice too.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A surety bond is designed to protect those on the receiving end of a contract. As a PI or Security Officer, you are entering into contracts with customers, who are on the receiving end of the contract. The bond protects the customer, not necessarily you, if you somehow fail to meet the obligations of your contract.

In essence, it is form of insurance, but it is designed unique to contracts and is intended to protect the obligee (customer), and not the principal (you). Though in reality it is protecting both.

Edit to add: I looked at the application on the CLEET website, and read that they will allow insurance or a bond to cover the applicant. Generally though, a bond is cheaper than the continued premium on an insurance policy.

tmotulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Cards. I knew it protected the client/customer but didnt realize what the difference was besides cost.

Any recommendations are much appreciated.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got a bond through my companys insurance. I forgot the cost..i think $1000 for a $10,000 bond.
I'm an armed guard...but went to school instead on doing security work..lol, I learned alot though.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just start asking insurance companies. i went to a state farm and they had to call around to find out, but they didnt offer it. then i went to my local farmers insurance and asked but they never got back to me. then i went to farmers in mangum and they were awesome. knew exactly what to do and filled out everything for me. all i had to do was pay the $100 and wait a couple days. i went back to them when i wanted to start process serving too. it requires a different bond (thanks to the state of oklahoma), but was just as easy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom