CMP games this week at OKCGC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
starting wednesday, the CMP will be here hosting the games at the club. check the okcgc website for event info. last year there were shooters from all over the world. the CMP shows up with a thirty foot trailer with garands, 1903's, wood and ammo loaded in it. i usually do my club workday during the games so i can drool on some classics. its open to the public, so come on out.

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be there. I'm shooting in three GSMM matches and the vintage sniper match.

If anybody has some spare luck to wish me, feel free. I've never shot at 300 and 600 yards. My vintage sniper match partner says I'll be fine as long as I have my 100 yard zero. I do (200 yard too), but well, we'll see how this goes. lol

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody else make it to OKCGC today? I was there this morning for registration and inspections and gain this afternoon for the sales.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Planning on going Friday, any deals on -06 ammo? How do you find out what time the matches are and how to go about entering them? Didn't see much on OKCG site.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i was out there to shoot my skeet league. cruised through the clubhouse to look at the goodies. tables of garands looked good even for the $525 guns. my question is this, do you still have to be a current cmp card holder to buy guns and/or ammo? i was in kind of a hurry to get over to the shotgun fields so didn't have much time.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i was out there to shoot my skeet league. cruised through the clubhouse to look at the goodies. tables of garands looked good even for the $525 guns. my question is this, do you still have to be a current cmp card holder to buy guns and/or ammo? i was in kind of a hurry to get over to the shotgun fields so didn't have much time.

Good question. I'd think that with their unique firearms purchasing requirements, the CMP would sell only to current members. Otherwise they'd be subject to the same FFL requirements as regular firearms dealers.

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Planning on going Friday, any deals on -06 ammo? How do you find out what time the matches are and how to go about entering them? Didn't see much on OKCG site.

Check out the CMP's site.

http://thecmp.org/Competitions/CMPGames_OK.htm

Fridays match is at 8:00 am. Squadding will be about half an hour before that. Registration opens at 6:30. So, show up early enough to register and get your rifle inspected and be at the range by 7:30.

.30-06 is the same price as online but no shipping charge. Competitors can also purchase 40 rounds per match for $18.

Latest posts

Top Bottom