COLD day and new optic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had to get out and shoot with the new scope today.. 31*, flippen cold, meooow..
Primary arms 6x32 with the ACSS reticle.. I LIKE it..
The scope was off center, low and to the left.. I got it on paper at 25 yds before lunch and once my fingers were frozen and belly growling I came in and ate.. After lunch I went better prepared with gloves, so thick I had to bore my finger in and push forward for the reset.. Anyway, a few clicks here and there and I was a happy camper.. I then stepped back to 50yds and was making a 3" gong dance up a storm.. I ran it out to a 100yds on a 6" and missed, OH, wait I didn't make use of the Holdover , DUH, once I used the 100 yd hold over we had it going on.. The reticle is fast, the horseshoe with dot just grabs your eye.. If it had been a warm day I would have put out some clays and a can or 2 to further test it's built in ranging reticle.. The spec sheet says the eye relief is 3.27" but I had no issues being back near 5".. The fast focus gets an A, I shot both with my bifocals and without..All in all for the $ I'm very happy, good thing too since a 2nd is in the mail.. We'll
IMG_20181229_142351.jpg
IMG_20181229_145612.jpg
look for the "OTHER" guy to give us his take on it when time permits..

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool. Lol, literally. :D

Nice shootin' ... whatchya got it mounted on?

Cold here too but I've not even stuck my nose outside.
Ha! I barely did. Had to meet the mail lady at the front door for package delivery.
:drunk2:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice. Cold here too but I've not even stuck my nose outside.
Thanks Steelie.. It's always nice to get out and shoot, but then you know that.. I hope you got to lay your hands on some sort of steel item today..

Cool. Lol, literally. :D

Nice shootin' ... whatchya got it mounted on?

Ha! I barely did. Had to meet the mail lady at the front door for package delivery.
:drunk2:
Thanks Mac, it's on a Ruger 10/22 take down that hasn't seen much or enough use, But that'll be changing, got the 2.5 lb BX trigger coming next..

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Steelie.. It's always nice to get out and shoot, but then you know that.. I hope you got to lay your hands on some sort of steel item today..

Thanks Mac, it's on a Ruger 10/22 take down that hasn't seen much or enough use, But that'll be changing, got the 2.5 lb BX trigger coming next..
Too tired to anything today. Plan on spending the afternoon in the garage organizing/cleaning it and do some prep work on making a reloading spot to put my Forster co-ax

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The scope was off center, low and to the left.. I got it on paper at 25 yds before lunch and once my fingers were frozen and belly growling I came in and ate.. After lunch I went better prepared with gloves, so thick I had to bore my finger in and push forward for the reset.. Anyway, a few clicks here and there and I was a happy camper.. I then stepped back to 50yds and was making a 3" gong dance up a storm.. I ran it out to a 100yds on a 6" and missed, OH, wait I didn't make use of the Holdover , DUH, once I used the 100 yd hold over we had it going on.. The reticle is fast, the horseshoe with dot just grabs your eye.. If it had been a warm day I would have put out some clays and a can or 2 to further test it's built in ranging reticle.. The spec sheet says the eye relief is 3.27" but I had no issues being back near 5".. The fast focus gets an A, I shot both with my bifocals and without..All in all for the $ I'm very happy, good thing too since a 2nd is in the mail.. We'llView attachment 129417 View attachment 129418 look for the "OTHER" guy to give us his take on it when time permits..
Good on you for getting out to shoot on such a cold day. I've got a scope or two I'd like to sight in before spring, if my arthritic hands will cooperate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom