College fool’s ball

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not liking the changes.
The realignment ah not a thing to me.
The transfer portal, the teams that work hard and get good teams sometimes, they will be farm clubs for the Alabamas, Georgias, OUs, Ohio states, UTs, etc. .

N. I. L. that’s a tough one, but those same schools will probably be able to make sure the players get more.
There was a blurb on the OSU Arizona that the ASU an left “eight figures” on the table to start at ASU.

To me that's out of line. But I sucked as an athlete.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NIL is something where the colleges and NCAA had no choice--that was forced on them by the Federal courts. And really, that was the right call by the Court; if anyone is going to profit off an athlete's name, image, or likeness, it should be the athlete.

The transfer portal, though, that was a 100% self-inflicted injury. That did not have to happen, and it was a terrible move for college sports. What better way to send the message that your word means nothing than to create a system where backing out of your commitment carries no penalty at all. Yeah, there were a few times when petty schools (I'm looking at you, Texas Tech) caused problems for players for no good reason, but at least causing a player to sit out for a year reinforced the idea that committing to something means something. Now going back on your commitment is just like changing your mind about the clothes you're going to wear today...

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They don't call it a passtime because it makes you a better person for particiapating in it.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The transfer portal killed high school players chances at D1 offers, just killed it. If a HS student isn't a 4 or 5 star recruit, D2 or below is their only chance now. D1 school schools will just transfer in D2 and below athletes from other universities as needed now. They've already proven they can make the grades and adjust to a college team, no need for a D1 to risk a scholarship on a non 4 or 5 star recruit.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t care for NIL, but if the NCAA would have addressed the likeness issue and not left it up to the gooberment it could have been done better. When have we known the government to do anything right? Personally I believe that if you want to transfer the suit a year should be included but that would show a commitment is more than a word, but should we expect anything different from congresscritters whom we elect to do a job but they don’t? As to teams, universities, and athletic departments the big tv and radio stations already has their hooks into them so why not the players too. I hear the argument that a person deserves to be paid for their likeness and that is based on their performance but what about those who make sure they can be those players (qb is as good as those who protect him and help his stats-linemen and backfield, week I guess it is like the real world where someone gets rewarded for others hard work after all. College football programs carry all the other sports, and arts programs, in revenue and for filling the seats as most other programs lose money and a very few break even. So yeah, the NCAA dropped the proverbial ball for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom