Colo. governor declares meat free holiday.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully this won't catch on but I just saw where Colorado governor Jared Polis has declared March 20th a meat free holiday.

Don't get me wrong I like veggies as much as the next guy but until they can make lettuce and tofu taste like a thick, juicy T-Bone you can count me out of observing any sort of meat free holiday.

https://vegnews.com/2021/2/colorado-statewide-meat-free-holiday-governor-jared-polis

t-bone.jpg

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the caption right under the headline of the story.

America’s first openly gay governor Jared Polis is declaring March 20 a meat-free holiday to help Coloradans ditch animal products.

WTH does being gay have to do with this? Would you ever read, "Jared Polis, who enjoys sex with women, is declaring..."

Stupid.

And March 20 is on my calendar as a double meat day in celebration.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This is the caption right under the headline of the story.

America’s first openly gay governor Jared Polis is declaring March 20 a meat-free holiday to help Coloradans ditch animal products.

WTH does being gay have to do with this? Would you ever read, "Jared Polis, who enjoys sex with women, is declaring..."

Stupid.

And March 20 is on my calendar as a double meat day in celebration.

The gay statement is there to make someone think twice about speaking out publicly against "meat free day". Because if you speak out against it, it's not because you're a meat and potatoes guy, it's because you're a homophobe.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife has been wanting to have some "sister-time." That usually involves driving up to Kansas and picking up her oldest sister and then going over around Colorado Springs to the other sister's house. They then plan "girl-things" to do in and around Colorado Springs.

There is a very good German restaurant up there called Edelweiss. We had been out 4-wheeling with our nephew some years back and they decided to stop at Edelweiss for supper. Wife saw Filet Mignon on the menu and INSISTED that I order that. (Kind of a long story about that.) In spite of me not wanting to spend $27 on a meal for one person, she ordered it for me...

...it is TWO (yes, 2) steaks in the order. They were absolutely awesome.

Edelweiss Restaurant Dinner Menu

Bottom of the page under "Steaks." And yes, it still says "steaks," meaning plural. Only now it is $33.

I think the girls need a chauffer.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife has been wanting to have some "sister-time." That usually involves driving up to Kansas and picking up her oldest sister and then going over around Colorado Springs to the other sister's house. They then plan "girl-things" to do in and around Colorado Springs.

There is a very good German restaurant up there called Edelweiss. We had been out 4-wheeling with our nephew some years back and they decided to stop at Edelweiss for supper. Wife saw Filet Mignon on the menu and INSISTED that I order that. (Kind of a long story about that.) In spite of me not wanting to spend $27 on a meal for one person, she ordered it for me...

...it is TWO (yes, 2) steaks in the order. They were absolutely awesome.

Edelweiss Restaurant Dinner Menu

Bottom of the page under "Steaks." And yes, it still says "steaks," meaning plural. Only now it is $33.

I think the girls need a chauffer.
That place is good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom