Color Customizing Rollmarks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got interested in this after seeing some other people try it. You can customize your guns with any color or combination of colors you prefer. I did a couple AR's posted in another thread but I wanted to show what you can do with handguns also.

This is my well worn Glock 21 which I chose as my test gun.

My Beretta 92A1

The back side has a minor booboo I didn't catch in time that I'll have to fix.

My M&P40, the M&P's have excellent rollmarks for coloring.

There are several methods to do this using Testor's paint, laquer markers and nail polish (which I used for mine) and the process is really easy. It's a great way to customize your gun with your favorite color if you are so inclined.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can tell you, if you use Testor's model paint, even after being on for weeks, it is easy as pie to use a little turpentine and a paper towel and it will come off with zero residual with minimal effort. So jump right in with both feet. Practically zero risk of lasting issues. That's been my experience, anyways.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you, I really liked the results. Marshrat, don't worry about it, if you make a mistake it's easy to completely undo it. With nail polish you just use nonacetone polish remover and it won't hurt the finish at all. As tRidiot said, with Testors you can use turpentine to remove the paint without hurting the finish. As long as you use the right stuff you really can't mess it up.

I've since done the M&P logo at the bottom of the grip and the mags. The mags turned out really well and you never have to worry about someone mistaking your mag for theirs. The M&P's have perfect rollmarks for coloring, some others have really light indentions that get a bit tricky but the M&P's are a dream to work on.

I did my sisters Glock with a glitter type nail polish and while it's not as bright and easy to see as a bright color hers looks like the lettering is diamond encrusted. Wouldn't look like much in a picture but in person, in the light, it looks amazing. That would be a great choice for an M&P, I'd love to see one done with the glitter polish.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought about taking a picture of the glitter version but I don't think it will even come close to showing how good it looks in real life since it's light and movement that really makes it look so good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom