Colt LE6940

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally came in... Made in Aug 2009, first 6 months of 6940 production. Has some of the early features like the non-locking front sight and the LE Restricted mark on the magazine well. This one was as-new in the box. Still had the little Colt cardboard tube insert in the barrel and an old school barrel cap like Colt used to supply with their guns.

A.jpg
D.jpg

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have two of those here, one is mine, the other is the wife's. The Colt serial number lookup didn't find anything, which I thought was strange. Both were bought locally in early 2010, a couple of weeks apart. Almost got consecutive serial numbers. One ends in 35, the other in 37.

You have a superb gun there. Enjoy it.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally came in... Made in Aug 2009, first 6 months of 6940 production. Has some of the early features like the non-locking front sight and the LE Restricted mark on the magazine well. This one was as-new in the box. Still had the little Colt cardboard tube insert in the barrel and an old school barrel cap like Colt used to supply with their guns.

View attachment 501021View attachment 501022
Very nice indeed!! And damnit, now I want one too...

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have two of those here, one is mine, the other is the wife's. The Colt serial number lookup didn't find anything, which I thought was strange. Both were bought locally in early 2010, a couple of weeks apart. Almost got consecutive serial numbers. One ends in 35, the other in 37.

You have a superb gun there. Enjoy it.

Yep...they're nice. Some say it's the best gun Colt has made (AR-style).

I thought you just sold one of these.

I did...because I bought this one. The other was in about the same condition and it had the "upgrades" to the front sight and a few other minor things. I have a half-assed collection of LE Restricted Colt rifles and this one was the last one I needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom